Now introducing the leader in sonar and mapping technology, Marcum Technologies brings you the MX-7GPS. As a Lithium-powered sonar/GPS combination unit, we’ve taken GPS mapping and fused it to Marcum’s legendary sonar platform. For decades, we’ve built the best ice-specific sonar platform in the world. One that was built on power, Interference Rejection (IR) so advanced it’s patented, zoom that was adjustable anywhere in the water column, and a veritable laundry-list of industry “firsts.” We gave birth to the modern movement of ice fishing’s information age, by taking a stationary circular display and breathing life into it. We invented on-screen scenarios that involved dynamic movement which more closely matches what’s happening below ice, all while staying true to the number one aspect that makes ice fishing sonar specific to our sport – real-time. In a stationary, vertical game of cat and mouse, where latency and sonar lag are unacceptable, Marcum’s response time is completely unrivaled. That lighting fast sonar reaction has been a hallmark of the Marcum brand, and has made it the most sought after ice sonar platform to this day. Not all sonar is created equal, and that’s especially true when talking ice fishing. The best ice anglers in the world require electronics with a full-time dedication to the sport. Take the MX-7GPS out of the box and it’s automatically locked in ice mode; equipped with a Lithium LiFePO4 battery, softpack, and ready to fish. Long story short, we’ve added more features, making them longer lasting, lighter, and technologically superior, all while staying true to our real-time roots – a defining characteristic in any quality ice sonar.
- Dual beam Precision Digital Sonar Engine – Like our flagship LX-5 flasher, we offer you the best in class both widest, and narrowest viewing angles on the market. A 20 degree ultra-wide angle sonar cone sees fish further to the sides, giving you an advantage for both finding AND catching. An 8 degree Narrow Beam Transducer (NBT) targets only the fish directly beneath you at the push of a button, and overcomes standard sonar issues on steep breaks. We live by the accuracy of our sonar, and are proud of the industry-leading ½” target separation we offer. It gives you the most precise means of discerning fish from bottom, fish from other fish, and fish from your bait.
- Advanced Lithium Battery Power – Every MX-7GPS comes standard with a 12V 10amp/h Lithium LifePO4 battery, the new standard in lightweight, fast-charging, and long-lasting fuel for your ice electronics. Run your screen as bright as you’d like, and fish for days without recharging. Our sonar comes with a power source worthy of technology that would require it.
- Patented Interference Rejection – 12 settings so dialed-in, they’re protected via U.S. patent, doubling the ability to tune out noise when compared to other sonar systems on the market. Further and finer control of your display is also offered through additional gain modes, ping speed, and cone angle, making Marcum the choice for visible clarity and acuity.
- Patented Moveable Zoom – Zoom anywhere in the water column to target bottom dwelling fish such as walleyes, as well as suspended species like crappie with ease. This was an industry first, and is a feature exclusive to the MarCum brand.
- Internal GPS Receiver – Featuring the latest spec for highly precise positional accuracy, we take you to the spot and bring you back time after time, with smoother tracking and exacting detail.
- Navionics® Basemap Onboard – More lakes and better coverage come from a host of sources. Through proprietary mapping and public data, we strive to never leave you blind.
- Single, Micro SD Card Slot – Whether utilizing for more detailed Navionics® mapping, or to ensure you’re always running the freshest software updates, you’ll have easy access through a standard Micro SD interface. (Navionics® Card Sold Separately)
- True-Time 7” LCD Display – Our sonar and display work in tandem to offer ALL screens in true real-time display with zero latency, and no lag. As the leader in True Time, our digital LCD platform in the LX-7 has been dishing out immediate sonar targets that bring more fish topside over the last 10 years. Our response times and refresh rates are the fastest in the industry, a requirement for lightning-quick fish that can spit a hook as fast as they can eat one. That speed is offered in brightness levels currently unmatched, with luminance up to 1,000 nits (cd/m2), a measure rarely found on any 7” screen. No squinting in full sunlight, and no missing fish that hit your jig before your sonar could keep up.
- Multiple Depth Modes – Marcum offers the most robust ranging options available on a digital sonar, designed specifically for an ice angler, making it both intuitive to use and as customized as possible. Manual depth ranges of 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 120, 180, 240, and 300 lock in your viewing range, while “auto” mode selects the closest appropriate range for each ice hole you dunk your ‘ducer in. Dynamic mode adjusts for the entire water column, using the full display and maximizing detail, while manual dynamic allows you to fine-tune your depth range to the exact foot, then lock it in – all while capitalizing on display resolution and precision in the water column with no lag and no down-time.
- Optimal Single Frequency Sonar (200khz) – Our patented sonar doesn’t require an adjustment in frequency to go from wide cone angles to narrow ones, meaning you won’t lose resulting sensitivity as a result of signal manipulation. We achieve precision through power and proprietary technology that never cuts signal or blends it, offering you the most precise sonar targets no matter how wide or narrow your cone angle is set.
- Customizable Screen Options – Marcum offers 4 viewing options, ALL real-time, from standard circular sonar display, to scrolling graph, and zoom modes. Configure the screen to match the species and situations you fish.
- Portable carrying case – neatly providing storage space and featuring the Marcum transducer arm that allows pinpoint transducer placement with zero drift or bounce.
- Ready-To-Fish – the MX-7GPS comes fully assembled out of the box, complete with everything you need for optimal performance on the ice. Here’s what’s Included:
- Deluxe padded softpack
- 8 feet of Kevlar-reinforced ducer cord
- 12V 10amp/h Lithium LifePO4 battery
- 3 amp hour Rapid-Charge Charger
- U.S. Made – Built in the USA and rooted in the heart of the ice belt, using domestic labor, and quality components sourced around the world.
- 2- Year Warranty – The MX-7GPS is backed by an industry-leading 2 year warranty.
- Open-water ducer with temp available for all-season use – This plug-and-play transducer is perfect for the summer angler looking to extend his MX-7 from winter use to open water, not the other way around. (Open-water Ducer Sold separately)